We want the best experience for all sides – here is a sampling of some of the leading questions we use to guide our decisions in determining placements.
- Will this organization have the capacity to provide a meaningful internship experience?
- Have they hosted interns before?
- Do the planned tasks relate back to the students’ academics? Is this an experience that will push the student’s career forward?
- What type of company culture do they have?
- What internship opportunities are available? What types of tasks will the student most likely be doing?
- What is the reputation of the organization?
- Are they interested in generating new talent?
- Do they have a need for an English speaker?
- German language skills
- Previous academic work
- Employment history
- Skills, hobbies, interests
- Career goals
- Articulated interests and non-interests regarding organizations and tasks